So maybe you want to have a party but the thought of it is still too much to think about all at one time. Then start off with inviting one friend over but make it a little more elegant. Fluff it up a bit. Make your guest feel like she’s glad she came and that you put in extra effort.
Here are a few ideas:
* You can have lovely ice cubes by putting edible flowers like calendula, or johnny jump ups in the ice cube. Fill up the tray with water halfway, let it freeze and then add the flower petal and additional water, and let freeze. (Make sure you use flowers and petals that haven’t been sprayed with any pesticides.)
* Place cut flowers on the table. And if you don’t have any flowers in your garden, cut a branch off of a tree or bush in your yard and place it it a vase.
* Light some candles regardless on the weather outside or time of day.
* If your serving a light lunch, cut off the crusts of a sandwich or use a cookie cutter to cut hearts or star shapes. Even peanut butter and jelly sandwiches taste better when you show your guest that you’re glad they are here.
* Use the good dishes that you are always saving. Stop saving them and start using them.
* Put on a fresh tablecloth or a runner on the table. You can also layer tablecloths for a dramatic look.
Stop by the store and come up with a little gift to give them. This time of season is perfect because for under a dollar you can purchase a potted flower. A few packets of flower or veggie seeds wrapped up with ribbon is another idea.
When you let your guest know that you put time and effort into her visit, she feels special. It honestly doesn’t take that much extra time and you will enjoy your time even more.
What small gift idea can you suggest? Or easy entertaining tip have you tried?