As a highly detailed person, you probably have had people tell you that you:
- need to chill a bit more,
- are anal,
- worry too much, or
- are too picky.
And guess what, you probably are some of those words. But you know what?
Clients need those strengths! Business owners want those characteristics in their virtual assistant.
You will use those strengths to bring value to your client by:
- editing the weekly newsletter
- thinking through step by step the needed work to be done
- organizing her inbox
- writing a quick note to a colleague of his
- communicating with her client that needs the report
- checking into a product that wasn’t delivered
- drafting the next blog post
- reminding them of an important event
- creating a template for a broadcast
- and so on.
So if someone calls you picky, gently remind them that there are various other words, thanks to Thesarus.com, to describe yourself such as:
absolute, accurate, careful, complete, comprehensive, consummate, detailed, exact, exhaustive, extreme, finished, full, ingrained, intensive, meticulous, out-and-out, painstaking, profound, thoroughly, unmitigated, utter
Have you ever been called picky?
Image courtesy of adamr/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net